Thursday 11 August 2016

Brew - Brisbane CBD


At the bottom of Burnett lane lies Brew, a very popular spot after work drinks and coffee. Friends would know that I go there not infrequently to catch up or chill out after work, but I hadn't tried out their food menu until I went there for lunch with The Hungry Little Goldfish last week.


With the restaurant being situated underground, it was quite dark.


We were soon given a seat, near the very interesting wall paintings.


Menus were provided, and they were made from record cases, which were really cute.

  

Other than drinks, the menu had some regular cafe fare, which suited us well.


Our drinks were made almost as soon as we ordered, and brought out very promptly to us.


My cappuccino was smooth and creamy, whilst still maintaining a strong bodied taste, which was great. The only letdown for me was the excessive amount of cocoa, which could have been significantly reduced.


My companion ordered his iced coffee as usual, and it was served unsweetened, but also topped with cocoa (I guess the barista just really likes his cocoa). Due to the lack of sugar, he found it to be on the bitter side of the spectrum, but I found it very refreshing. The cocoa was a nice touch in my opinion.


Whilst the drinks came out quickly, the same could not be said for the meals. Being limited by the working lunch hour, we were starting to get annoyed by the time our food came, but all discontent dissipated when the Brew Burger was set down in front of us. Whilst a little over toasted, the bun was crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The beef, rather than being a patty or a steak, was actually slow cooked and shredded to our delight. The cheese was melted onto the bacon and the flavours danced in our mouth. Not being a fan of sweet potato chips, we opted to have them changed to shoestring fries, which were deliciously crunchy and freshly fried.


As my readers would know, I am a fan of all day breakfasts, which Brew also had on offer. Whilst it came late, the eggs were served poached rather than fried as I had requested, so I had to send it back in to have it redone, which unfortunately took more of my lunch hour. Despite the burnt look it had, it was surprisingly delicious. The sausages were very well seasoned, and there was quite a decent portion of bacon. The potato hash also contained bits of other veges, which was quite a stand out. I would have liked there to have been butter for my toast though.

Price Range; $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 7/10

Brew Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment