Wednesday 19 October 2016

Comuna Cantina - Brisbane CBD


Being quite a regular at Vapiano in Albert Lane means that I pass by Comuna Cantina quite regularly. Having read that they offer quite a refreshing taken on Mexican food, a friend and I decided to try it out last week.


We were quickly seated upon entry and menus were already placed on the table like a place mat. Having previously perused the menu on line, we made our mind up very quickly and put our orders in.


First to arrive were two chicken tacos. Like other reviewers, I found the size to be smaller than previously envisaged, but the fillings were generous and tended to spill out of the taco as we tried to eat it. I liked the flavoursome grilled chicken, and found it to have complimented the freshness of the salad on top. I particularly liked the guacamole which made all the difference, but found the taco wrap to be a little too coarse for my liking.


I also got to try some of my companion's Mexican Beef Burger, with a side of chips. The charcoal brioche bun was definitely very striking, and still managed to be somewhat soft on the inside. I was quite impressed with the Mexican twist on the burger, as the salsa and guacamole really did set it apart from the other burgers. I also really enjoyed the chips, which were super crispy on the outside, but not too fluffy on the inside (maybe overcooked), which were redeemed by the yummy cheese on top.

Price Range: $10 - $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10

Comuna Cantina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment