Monday 20 August 2018

John Mills Himself - Brisbane CBD


All good food bloggers know, often the best food and drink can be found at the end of dark alleyways. That, or an axe murderer. But with a love of food that is so great that I risk my life on a regular basis, I found myself walking down a no so dark alleyway to the infamous cafe, John Mills Himself, situated behind Jia Ba Way. 



Inside was a sanctuary for coffee lovers of all kinds. With a warm but rustic setup, a buzzing vibe the scent of coffee wafting through my nostrils, it was very inviting indeed. Service was, of course via the counter and I opted for a seat rather than getting to go.


I opted for a batch brew coffee, with a side of skim milk (served without the judgment that some pourover coffee purists often look at me with). Blend of the day was Dark Horse by Five senses. Taste wise it was decidedly fruity, with a strong blackcurrant taste, hints of plum and syrup. This finished off with some chocolatey undertones and was thoroughly enjoyable for me. Definitely worth the walk, I will be back soon for another cup.



Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10


John Mills Himself Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment