Monday 29 October 2018

Espresso & Matcha's Saporous Expedition - Adelaide: Enzos


In my preparation for my Adelaide trip, I made sure to do thorough research on the best places to get food try during our brief visit to Adelaide. With a gaming friend based in the city, I asked him about where he would go if he could only choose one meal to best represent local cuisine. He didn't blink an eye when he recommended Enzos, which is why we headed there for dinner right after our plane landed.



Making a reservation, Iron Fist and I were quickly shown to our table 



I loved the traditional Italian menu and the gorgeous high roof setup of the place. It took a while, but we made our order with the friendly waiter.

 

Drinks came first, I had a diet coke whilst Iron Fist started with a red wine.


We had some bread to start. It was crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Served with olive oil, there was no reduction in temperature as you might find when you use butter. 


Iron Fist's entree comprised of the Pancetta di maiale arrosto, a slow roasted then grilled pork belly, served with pickled vegetables and balsamic glaze. The pork belly was reasonably lean given the cut, and the skin was very crispy. Portion wise, it was also quite generous for an entree. Iron Fist really enjoyed it.


Wanting something light, I tried the Funghi alla griglia con taleggio e pesto di rucola which comprised of grilled portabello mushrooms, grilled ciabatta, melted taleggio cheese and rocket pesto. For a self proclaimed carnivore, it was very delicious and meaty for a vegetarian dish. The mushroom was quite substantial and coupled with the cheese and pesto, I could not find any faults with it. The sourdough was also deliciously toasted with a crispy exterior which soaked up the mushroom juices and sauces wonderfully.


Mains soon arrived after our entrees. Iron Fist opted for the special of the day, Eggplant Parmigiana. Like my mushroom entree, the eggplant served as a surprisingly good substitute for meat. It was filling and quite decadent for a vegetarian dish.


My main was the Linguine con polpa di granchio, being Benedetto Cavalieri linguine with blue swimmer crab meat, fresh tomato and chili. The pasta was cooked wonderfully with a softer than al dente texture which I always love. There was some crab in the pasta, but I would definitely have appreciated more in the dish though. Other than this, I enjoyed the refreshing lightness of the fresh tomato and chilli. It made the dish very light and refreshing. 

Price Range: $35 - $50pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8/10

Enzo's Ristorante Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment