Sunday 3 January 2016

Beccofino - Teneriffe


Having spoken to my colleagues about my experience at Julius Pizzeria, they advised me that I ought to go to Beccofino at Teneriffe, which is apparently the original store whereas Julius is the branch. They advised me that any faults that I found in Julius would most certainly not be found in Beccofino. With such strong assurances from them, I didn't wait very long to go there for a late night dinner.


Our large group arrived at approximately 9.15 on a Saturday night and were lucky enough to still be served. I note that they also have a no reservation policy, but as it was so late at night, we didn't have any issues finding seating anyway.


The menu consisted of pizza, pasta, mains, sides and desserts. Most of the elements were identical to the ones served at Julius, but I could see some slight variances.


We started off with a cappuccino, which had a firm thick foam that stood well. The coffee was strong and picked me up after the late night out.


With the recommendation from my colleague, he also told me that the best pizza they serve there is the Patate e Pancetta which is now off the menu, but they still serve it upon request. It contained mozzarella, potato, pancetta, provolone and rosemary. Compared to the Tartufo that I had last time, it was definitely milder. The pancetta, whilst quite fatty, was sliced very thinly which meant it was much more palatable without being overly salty. The mixture of mozzarella and provolone was a very stringy but mild, which made it quite the comfort food. 


The other pizza we shared was the Marinara Deluxe, which consisted of tomato, oregano, garlic and buffalo mozzarella. This was also a rather light dish, being quite simplistic with tomato and cheesy elements. Being a big fan of buffalo mozzarella, I really appreciated its stringy but elastic texture. The tomato paste added a lot of needed moisture to the freshly baked base, and was very light on the palate, which made the dish very enjoyable.

Price Range: $24 - $30 per person

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10


Beccofino Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment