Thursday 30 January 2020

MenYaGo - Brisbane CBD


It was with a profound sense of shame that I realised that Men Ya Go had opened a new branch in Central Plaza One, a mere hundred or so metres away from my workplace for several months before I found out about their second store. It bothered me so much that I decided to forgo my mum's painstakingly made packed lunch and opt for ramen for lunch instead.


I thought that the restaurant would be situated inside the lobby, near where Eagle Lane Bistro was, but turns out that it was around the outside perimeter of the premises, which makes sense if they want to do after hours trading.


The menu had more variety than their other store, this time incorporating some donburi and teishoku for those partial to rice, but really there was no way I'd go to a ramen store and not order a steaming bowl of noodles.


Being one of the first customers of the day meant that my food was prepared fairly quickly.



As you would expect by now, I ordered the black garlic ramen with extra noodles in the bowl. I was a little disappointed to see that the egg was fairly overdone to the point where the edges of the yolk had solidified to a powdery texture. The noodles were definitely cooked al dente and a little firm for my preferences. The meat however was so soft that it melted in my mouth. I did enjoy the soup which had ample depth and porky goodness, but definitely think that for a black garlic ramen, it needed more black garlic flavours.



Although the ramen wasn't the best I've had, the gyoza was definitely top notch. The skin was super thin but elastic which ensured that the juices inside were retained. It was pan fried to a crispy bottom without being overdone. The meat filling inside was fresh and tasty. Absolutely loved this dish.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Men Ya Go Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment