Friday 9 July 2021

Fatcow Steak and Lobster - Brisbane CBD


Last weekend we caught up with some friends over dinner. They wanted to check out FatCow Steak and Lobster which had opened not too long ago along Eagle Street Pier. I had noted it when it opened but the earlier reviews I had seen were mixed, coupled with quite an expensive price meant that I held off from trying it out until now.


 

Arriving a bit earlier than our reservation time, we had a couple drinks at the bar whilst our table was being set up. I had my usual Espresso Martini whilst he had a Kiwi Mocktail. I quite enjoyed mine which was less sweet than a lot of the others I've had and relatively strong in coffee taste. Dr L's Kiwi drink was very beautiful and fruity. He also really liked it.


 

The menu came leather-bound and the contents followed the namesake theme of steak and lobster. Neither Dr L nor I were particularly keen on getting our hands dirty with lobster, so we stuck to the steak options.



We both had the Rib Fillet on the Bone. I had mine rare, with garlic peppercorn sauce and he had his medium with mushroom. As usual, I am irritated by the notion of having to pay extra ($5) for sauce when the steak itself is already quite pricey, I would have thought it would have made more sense to just include the cost of the sauce into the steak price, even if it meant charging a few dollars more. Presentation wise, mine was fine, however we found it a little odd that his had come with a considerable smear of blood on the plate. In terms of cooking, mine was done quite well, with a deep pink interior whilst his was indeed medium. Rib Fillets are as usual quite rich and fatty with a creamy texture to compliment the beefiness which really satisfied.


Each steak came with a side, he had the bowl of chips whilst I had the potatoes au gratin which we shared. The chips were crispy and the aioli was rich and fragrant. Having tried Potatoes Au Gratin before, these were cut quite thick and chunky and didn't have the thin layers that I enjoy. It was rich and decadent with cheese and cream, but didn't stand out compared to the steak. Whilst not a bad experience, I would definitely have to say that there are better steakhouses in town that serve better quality food for superior value. I don't think I'll be back anytime soon.

Price Range: $60 - $80pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 7/10 

FatCow Steak and Lobster Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment