Tuesday 27 December 2022

Darvella - Bulimba



Readers may be aware, I am a pretty big fan of the food offerings along Oxford St in Bulimba. If it was easier to get to, I would go there far more frequently. As such, it took a fair while before I was able to make the effort to go to Darvella to grab a light breakfast before heading off to the Rocklea markets for some produce and perhaps a snack.



I was definitely struck by the amount of baked goods available for me to choose from, including pastries, doughnuts, cakes, pies and sandwiches. When struck with decision paralysis, I always pivot towards the familiar and today was no different.

 

On such a hot day, I opted for an icy cold brew. It was very crisp and cool with a light bitter aftertaste, whilst it could have been smoother, I really liked how much clarity it had. I also had a Pain au Chocolate rather than a plain croissant. I liked how it was buttery without being greasy, with a generous amount of bitter sweet dark chocolate. Although it could have been a bit more crispy, it was still a very enjoyable croissant and I would come back more frequently if it were closer.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment