Tuesday 8 August 2023

Odaya - Sunnybank


Ever since I've been going regularly to Gelato Amoroso, I've had a number of people tell me that I've got to go check out Odaya for their gelato. Having previously gone to try their tea, I had found it to be above average in taste but poor value in terms of price, leading me to be hesitant to return. However last weekend we decided to go check it out after an impromptu ramen date. 

 

There was a small selection of gelato based desserts along with bubble tea and matcha themed drinks. There were four flavours of gelato, all with a heavy Japanese tea influence. I wanted to try all the flavours, but sadly limited myself to two. Service was friendly albeit a bit slow.

 

Dr L had the black sesame and hojicha and I had the strong matcha and hojicha. I had initially ordered both in a cup but they gave him a cone instead and he didn't have issues with that. In terms of gelato, my matcha was definitely very strong and not too sweet. The texture though could have been creamier, when compared with Amoroso or Milany. I found the hojicha and black sesame to be not all that strong but surprisingly sweet. 

Overall, I'd go back for the matcha ice cream but probably not the other flavours, but it's always better to have more Japanese dessert stores than less.


Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment