Tuesday 17 October 2023

Katsu Co - Toowong

 

Readers may recall my last visit to Katsu Co at Sherwood and the considerable wait it took for a table but did really enjoy the food. It was a joyous occasion for me then when I had heard that they opened a new and far larger branch out in Toowong. Going as soon as I could, we went to check it out on a weeknight for dinner.


The place was only half empty when we arrived so we were easily seated. 



The menu was exactly the same as I had remembered from last time with the only exception being the prices which had gone up slightly. We placed our order with the waitress. The food too a surprisingly longer period of time than we had expected given the restaurant was nowhere near capacity.


What did arrive was very impressive though. The tomahawk was sizeable and came with quite a few condiments to accompany. The pork chop was cooked through without being overdone, the panko was crunchy without being overly thick. I particularly enjoyed the extra truffle olive oil which was very fragrant. 


I also shared some prawns from Dr L's dinner. These were also cooked well but the size was not comparable to the tomahawk. Although it looked substantial on a plate, a significant part of the prawn was it's inedible head. The side of tartare sauce was enjoyable however and we also liked the wholesome miso soup to wash the meal down with. 

 

Even though I can and often do make my own katsu at home, I still enjoy going to Katsu Co because of the quality of food they offer (without having to expend an excessive amount of effort on my part), the prices aren't cheap but given what you are served, I consider it fair. I will be finding time to come back in the not too distant future.

Price Range: $25 - $35pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment