Tuesday 23 April 2019

Farmhouse - Kedron


Readers will know by now that as a southsider, I very rarely venture far up north, especially for breakfast, but when Adam had an invite to try out Farmhouse, a themed cafe up in Kedron, it piqued my curiosity and so I got up at the crack of dawn for the trek up north. 


Arriving at 9.30, our table was set for us and the place was packed. 


 Their drinks menu contained standard coffees as well as a large variety of shakes, juices, frappes and smoothies. The food menu contained some classics as well as some more interesting dishes like gnocchi for breakfast.



Being such a hot day, I skipped my usual hot drink and had an orange juice blended with watermelon and berry whilst he had his usual cold brew. Watermelon and orange is always a winning blend with a sweet but tangy and refreshing taste to it. 


That morning, food took a little longer to come out, but it was well worth the wait.


Always one for the sweet breakfast option, Adam had the One-Pan Ricotta Hotcake served with orange curd, toasted macadamia cacao crumbs, blood orange syrup, local berries and Miss Sophia’s vanilla bean gelato. He said it was fairly dense but still soft and moist. The ice cream also melted very quickly to form a sort of creamy milky dipping sauce.


To share, we had a Corned Beef & Rye Bread Toastie with pulled corned beef, house sauerkraut, swiss cheese, Reuben dressing, Farmhouse pickles which was highly recommended by our waiter. To be honest, I'm not usually much of a fan of reubens, but it was definitely one of the better ones I've had. Bread was toasted with a good crunch without being too coarse, corned beef was soft and just salty enough whilst the sauerkraut and swiss cheese cut through the meat, making for quite a balanced sandwich.


Never deviating from my usual, I had their eggs on toast with added bacon and mushrooms. Sadly, neither avocado nor salmon were on the menu. Eggs were poached fairly well but a little firmer than what I'm used to. Bacon was ample, but I found the mushrooms to be a bit on the oily side, but generous in portion. Overall a filling and hearty breakfast.

Espresso and Matcha got to enjoy this complimentary meal by freeloading off FoodieAdam's invite. But as always, my opinions are solely my own. 

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Farm House  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment