Thursday 20 August 2020

PJs Steaks - Fortitude Valley



As mentioned, I had to get some more food after my meal at Maya. Having heard a fair bit about PJs Steaks, it made for an excellent opportunity for me to try out the fairly popular cheesesteaks which I had seen so many photos of online. Arriving not too late at night, it was empty and service was fast and friendly.


My order was prepared well within 10 minutes of ordering and took it home whilst it was still warm.



Having a strong cheese craving at that point, I ordered the Triple Cheesesteak, comprising Wagyu, Cheddar, American and Provolone cheeses. Starting with the bun, this was light and fluffy although not very toasted. Despite the cheese warning, there was really not that much at all in the sandwich, but an abundance of thinly chopped up wagyu. It wasn't as melty as I would have expected, but it was however quite salty and the meat was tender. 


What the sandwich lacked in cheese, the American Chili Fries definitely made up for. Perhaps it was the ride home, but by the time I ate it, the chips were definitely not crispy but fairly steamed. The cheese though was very stringy and extremely tasty. There was an abundance of black beans as well but not too much beef. Although not particularly outstanding, it really hit the spot that night.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

PJ's Steaks Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete