Tuesday 18 April 2023

Dough Ma - Upper Mt Gravatt


I feel like I have somewhat missed the doughnut hype which happened in the last several years. Most of the openings were American style, but I've long been curious about Dough Ma, at Upper Mt Gravatt, which offers some more Asian style flavours. The only reason why I hadn't gone earlier was because it was a little bit out of the way, but we finally had our opportunity a few weeks ago.


Arriving early afternoon, I was quite pleased to see that they had many flavours still available, although not in high numbers. Prices were very reasonable, with a 6 pack going for $18.


I was actually very close to getting a six pack, but thought that we better not overspend our calorie budget for the day, instead we had two individual doughnuts to go. Each of them was packed in a separate box to ensure the toppings could get home without too much damage.


The Dr had the Oreo Doughnut. This was stuffed with cookies and cream, topped with oreo as well as some biscoff icing. Although it looked exceptionally decadent, I am pleased to report that having tried some, it wasn't overly sweet. It was a very filling dessert, but the doughnut was light and fluffy. 


I went for the matcha doughnut. It was a lot less adorned than the cookies and cream, but no less tasty. The matcha cream was light in tea flavour but also not very sweet, the texture was very rich and decadent though, contrasting with the light and fluffy doughnut. I find this doughnut to have a more bread-like texture more than a doughnut, but it was still quite enjoyable. I really wish I could have tried more flavours. I'll probably come back next time there is a house party (that I'm not hosting) and need to bring a plate, which would provide a good variety to share around.


Price Range: $5 - $15pp 

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment