Was very excited to hear of the arrival of a new bubble tea chain, Jian Cha, to Brisbane's CBD. I hadn't heard of it before, but after a bit of research found that they specialsed in Thai drinks. We just happened to be in the city the day after their opening, so popped by their George St branch to see whether there was a queue or not.
We were lucky enough to get there with no one else queueing at all. The shop was bright and flashy.
Like a lot of the other bubble tea stores in Elizabeth St, there were a few benches a the back of the store.
Even though we didn't arrive too late in the evening (approx 8.30), a significant selection of their drinks were sold out and a number were also not yet available. This meant we had to choose from a fairly limited amount. I was very keen to try their thai milk tea, but this will have to be something for a return visit. Prices were on the higher end, with quite a few options reaching the $12 mark.
Ultimately, I ended up with the Iced Latte, whilst Dr L had the mochi jasmine milk tea. His jasmine was fragrant and at half sugar, still quite sweet. It was served with a spoon as well as a straw, because the mochi couldn't be easily sucked up with the straw alone. I tried a bit and found his jasmine flavour to be on the artificial side and not something I would have gone for. My iced latte was on the underwhelming side, and didn't taste any different from capsule coffee with cold milk. What did make it worse though was the fact that I had a bit of food poisoning after the drink which left me with a somewhat unpleasant evening. I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt and come back for the thai milk tea, but unless it's exceptional, I don't think I'll be back after that.
Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10





No comments:
Post a Comment