Saturday 1 October 2016

Flour & Chocolate Patisserie - Morningside


Most of my long time readers would have realised by now that I am a person who really likes to stay indoors and lounge around the house, so when my boss told me last week that he spent his previous weekend sitting around the house munching on pastries, I found my inspiration as to how I would spend my last weekend, which is why I convinced a friend to drive me to Flour and Chocolate at Morningside early on a Saturday morning.


By early, I meant around 9.30, by which there was quite a large group of people crowded inside already. 


We too, were drawn in by the attractive assortment of breads...


cakes... and 


pastries.



So without further ado, I bought a large selection home.


Before I review the food though, I'd like to take a moment to appreciate how considerate the assistants were in bagging the pastries so that the icing didnt touch the top of the bag. As a perfectionist, these are the little things that really make my day.


I bought two creme eclairs, two coffee eclairs, one lemon meringue, one fruit tart, one chocolate block cake and one chocolate croissant. The meringues were super tasty with a light airy texture and a smooth creamy centre. The chocolate cake was rich and decadent, without being overly sweet. Both the lemon meringue and fruit tart were light and fragrant, although it had a tad more icing sugar than i would have liked. My favourite though was definitely the super flaky, chocolate croissant which struck a good balance between the lightly savory pastry and the sweet dark chocolate.


Price Range: $5 - $10pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 6/10

Flour & Chocolate Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment