Monday 13 November 2017

Hong Tea - Brisbane CBD


Was walking through the city with Iron Fist the other day when the newly opened Hong Tea caught my eye with its well designed signage. Being in a rush that day, I didn't manage to stop and grab a drink, but made a firm note to go back and try another day. The week after, I was somewhat early for a dinner with a friend, so took the time to walk over after work to try out their tea. 


Arriving to a somewhat empty store, the standard selection of drinks were available to order, ranging from milk teas to fresh teas and fruit teas, although no coffee. I also note that drinks were slightly more expensive than what I am accustomed to, with a regular milk tea costing $5.00 already. I was given a number upon ordering, as well as a loyalty card as usual.


Limited seating was available inside, as the shopfront was shared with what appeared to be an export company. I grabbed a seat at one of the two tables and awaited my drink.


Before long, my tea arrived. I ordered the Pure Milk Tea, to better appreciate the basic flavours of the tea. I had it in medium size, with less sugar and half ice. Compared to my regular at Chatime, I found the tea to be quite fragrant, but even at less sugar to be overwhelmingly sweet with a somewhat unpleasant aftertaste. I also found it to be more watery than creamy which was a little disappointing. 

Price Range: $4 - $7pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Hong Tea Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment