Tuesday 14 August 2018

La Famiglia - Woolloongabba


Friday night after work. Nothing better than to catch up with the girlfriends for a therapeutic dinner after work. Having heard some wonderful things about La Famiglia at the gabba, it made for a great riverside walk after work to get to the restaurant. Am also grateful for my friend the Rice Queen who made a reservation beforehand, allowing us to secure a table, as the restaurant was fully booked out that night.


Checking out the menu, it contained all you would have expected from an Italian restaurant with entrees and mains with a strong focus on pasta. The manager was very friendly and inviting throughout our dining experience.


We commenced our meal with three drinks.

  

My first companion had the house white wine, she enjoyed this thoroughly. Another had the immensely fruity Bellini with its strong peachy tones throughout the Prosecco. Being as irresponsible as I always am, I had my dessert first and got the Tiramisu Martini (having been very close to ordering the Nutella Martini). It was quite sweet with a strong dash of espresso and heavy vanilla tones, just what I needed that evening.


Starting off our meal, we had a shared entree of Eggplant Parmigiana, it was topped with fior di latte and kale. The dish was an intensely tangy entree with the tomato cutting through the mild eggplant which really whet our appetite.


My first companion ordered the La Porchetta, an oven roasted pork belly that was served with spinach and carrots on a bed of polenta. Trying some for myself, the crackling was delicious and crispy. Polenta was rich and creamy, almost like mashed potatoes and the carrots were very tender.


Another companion ordered the Lasagna Della Mama. It was served with perfectly melted cheese. The pasta was wonderfully tender and the meaty sauce was a delight. I wish I had ordered one myself.


My dish for the evening was probably one of the less ideal choices of the night. Wanting to have ordered the critically acclaimed ravioli, I was saddened to see it not on the menu, so I ordered the Strozzapreti ai Funghi Porcini instead. Being served with Porcini Mushrooms, Chilli and Truffle Peccorino, I was definitely expecting a flavour hit, but my dish was in fact quite bland and the pasta a tad harder than I would have liked it. The truffle taste was quite light, and the black specs on the photo were actually from the ground pepper on top rather than truffle as indicated on the menu. I definitely should have ordered the lasagna instead.


After our mains, we ordered a dessert board to share. This was definitely a highlight for us, comprising of super fresh super hot doughnut balls, nutella canelloni, cheesecake and a puff, we loved the dessert board and wished we could have had more of those doughnuts.

Price Range: $20 - $40pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10




Ristorante La Famiglia Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment