Wednesday 29 August 2018

Lost Bean - Southbank



Had a full day work seminar at Southbank last week, and decided to motivate myself to stay awake the full day by making sure I had a good breakfast before going in. Not really being familiar with the brunch scene along Southbank, I did a bit of research and decided to try out Lost Bean, situated along Grey Street, near where Chester Street used to be. 



The menu comprised of fairly standard cafe fare, with coffees and breakfast food. It was fairly busy in the morning. I lined up and ordered at the counter.


Grabbing a number, I got a table at the bar and watched as people walked by whilst awaiting my meal.


After a relatively long wait (whereby I saw quite a few people who ordered takeaway before me get theirs after I did. When my large cappuccino did arrive, I noted the froth had gone a bit flat from sitting on the counter for too long, and the coffee was barely lukewarm. There was also a noticeable lack of cocoa on my cappuccino, making for a fairly disappointing cup of coffee.


My food came several minutes after the coffee.


This was the breakfast board. I chose the sourdough toast option, but I don't think I was given sourdough. The toast I had tasted a lot more like rye bread and came out cold and hard, so the butter wasn't able to melt on top of course. The mushrooms were reasonably seasoned at least and tasted fine, but the bacon was one of the worst I've ever had. Despite being quite oily, there were some parts of it that were so dry and hard it was almost like a piece of jerky. It was also overwhelmingly salty and I had to leave most of it, which is quite unheard of when it comes to me and bacon. At least they managed to do poached eggs well enough though.


Wanting to also have a side of avocado to go with my toast, I was somewhat dismayed to see that my $3 side amounted to just less than one quarter of an avocado. Given the prices of avocados lately, I was very disappointed indeed.

Price Range: $10 - $25pp

Taste: 2/10
Value: 3/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 5/10

Lost Bean Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment