Wednesday 29 May 2019

New Bliss - Fortitude Valley



Midweek brunch to remind myself of the joys of the weekend. Luckily New Bliss is close enough to work that I can get over there and back within my designated lunch slot. Tucked away in the foyer of the commercial building at 47 Warner Street, I could not help but be envious of all the corporates who were lucky enough to have this cafe at their fingertips.

 

The menu was simple a large selection for the make your own option, and quite a few Irish Inspired dishes. Drinks of course took up another page.


 

Having already had my morning fix, I tried to be healthy and got an Acai Smoothy. It was smooth, fruity and tart. I definitely felt healthy afterward. Adam had his usual long black.


It took considerable time for me to convey to him what I wanted to order and he recited it in all its detail to the very patient waitress. Our food came faster than the time it took for us to order.


Choosing an Irish dish, he had the Full Soda with Clonakilty sausages, bacon and fried egg in a soda
Farrell sandwich. For those wondering, Soda Bread is an Irish take on bread whereby baking soda is used instead of yeast to make bread, resulting in a dense, scone like texture. Coincidentally, his mom had just made a batch before we had brunch and the texture was definitely spot on. He liked the runny egg too but I thought the bacon needed to have been fried a little longer.



My breakfast was the make your own, with substituted croissant instead of the other bread options served with poached eggs, bacon, salmon, avocado and roasted mushrooms. It was a wonder that it all fit onto one plate and thankfully I could finish it all. The croissant was nice and toasted, the mushrooms tasted more pan fried than roasted. The eggs were a little overdone with a gelatinous interior and like his, the bacon was a little underdone. Smoked salmon was of the storebought variety and the avocado was still quite firm.


Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

New Bliss Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment