Friday 28 June 2019

Remy's - Paddington


Another weekend means another brunch along Paddington, I swear that Adam and I always seem closer to having eaten at every cafe and another one pops up. Guess it will be a never ending quest. This week we went out to try the breakfast offering at the relatively unassuming Remys, along LaTrobe Terrace.


As a refurbished residential property, there were few seats indoors whilst most remained outdoors. Alas indoor seating was all filled up and we found a bar seat overlooking the street below. The breakfast menu was short and was as you would expect of a bar with a few basic options and standard coffees other than the BLT, other burgers were available after midday.



Always starting with coffee, he had a cold brew and I had my usual cappuccino because I am not a psychopath who still drinks cold things on winter mornings. His cold brew was served in a large glass, portions were generous. I liked my strong cappuccino especially for the delicious chocolate shavings on top.


Our food came out really quickly and I definitely had meal envy.


He ordered the BLT with added savoury mince and haloumi, it was a monster of a burger. The milk bun was unbelievably soft, toasty on the inside and soaked up all of the juices from the savoury mince. The portions of bacon and haloumi were also very generous and well caramelised. I snuck a bite and loved it.


I had the bacon and eggs with added savoury mince. It came with a hash brown on the side. The hash brown itself tasted store bought, but the eggs were poached wonderfully and the lashings of bacon were wonderfully fried and not overly fatty. I also really enjoyed the spicy mince on my toast. For the price it was definitely good value for money and we had a great time. 

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8.5/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Remy's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment