Thursday 25 July 2019

Death and Taxes - Brisbane CBD

 

Not so much a food review as a drink review, but I went on two occasions to try out Death and Taxes, one of the coolest bars in Brisbane, which has recently opened on Burnett Lane. Despite the unassuming exterior (not assisted by the dumpsters outside), but it was definitely a different story on the inside.



It was as if I had stepped into an alchemy lab from an anime. We loved the wooden interior and the wall shelf filled with all different types of concoctions.

 

Grabbing a seat by the bar, the leather menu also added to the overall effect of the decor.


The first time I went, I had the Three Sillies (the one on the left), it was a citrusy concoction which the waiter decribed as being akin to a sidecar. I found it to be deliciously sour and potently strong. 


Second time I went with Adam, he had a mocktail which was a bit like a fruit punch, and I had the Blood Brother with its tangy orange blossom and mandarin. I found this more fragrant than the 3 Sillies but definitely not as strong.

Price Range: $20 for a cocktail

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 9/10

Death & Taxes Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment