Thursday 15 August 2019

Brooklyn Donut & Coffee Co - Chermside


Always a fan of donuts, I was quite keen when I heard about the opening of Brooklyn Donut & Coffee Co, up at Westfield Chermside. Luckily for me, I was able to send my recon unit to venture up north and scope it out for me without having to personally attend.




There were about half a dozen variety of donuts on display, flavours vary day to day and price point ranges from $4.90 for the OG to $5.90 for other flavours. Peanut butter cookies and Brooklyn Brownies were also for sale.


Bringing back two, the first one was always going to be the OG glazed. The glaze was fairly similar to Krispy Kreme but thicker. It was still just as sweet and brittle, crumbling off as you bite into it. Texture wise, it was about half way between the softness of Krispy Kreme and the bread like doughiness of Doughnut Time.


I had initially also wanted to try the Choc Hazelnut but this wasn't available on the day so I had a Boston Cream instead. For some reason the dough was far more bread like in this doughnut. The cream inside was a lot more similar to custard and didn't pack the vanilla taste I was hoping for. A dark chocolate top is always nice though.

Price Range: $5 - $10pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


Brooklyn Donut & Coffee Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment