Sunday 5 April 2020

Kingsfood - Brisbane CBD


Caught up with a dear friend of mine just before Brisbane went into lockdown. We opted for a quick workday lunch on friday to round off a fairly stressful week. Situated in Brisbane Square, it was a fair hike for me to get to from work, but well worth it. Have long been a fan of Kingsfood who have been in Market Square for as long as I can remember, it definitely made me happy to see that more Taiwanese options were opening in the city.


 

Arriving just before 12, it was lucky we did because the place filled up really quickly. With a selection of rice, noodles and sides, it comprised all the essentials of a Taiwanese restaurant.


Hot tea was also complimentary, which is also a bonus. They also had bubble tea on the menu, which I will definitely try next time I'm back.


Despite the growing crowd, our food came out within 5 minutes of us ordering which was definitely welcome given the short lunch hour. My companion had the beef noodle soup. For $13.50 it was the biggest bowl of beef noodles I had ever seen (barring food challenges). My companion really enjoyed it but could only eat half and had to have the remainder take away.



 

I had a serve of deep fried pork chop noodles soup. Again the portion of noodles were huge and I was very grateful that my pork chop was served separate to the noodle to retain its crispy coating. Although there were a lot of noodles, there was only one piece of pork chop and it wasn't all that big. Nevertheless, it was well seasoned with salt and pepper and had a light tempura batter to it. 


Also had a small serve of fried tofu to share. The small serve turned out to be a small mountain's worth, so I shudder to think of how big the large portion would be. Freshly fried to a crisp, without any excess of oil and doused in hoisin sauce, this was a near perfect iteration of fried tofu.


Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10
Kingsfood Brisbane Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment