Sunday 17 May 2020

Doolandella Bakehouse - Doolandella



First and only time I've gone for a lunch run during my work from home was to the ever popular Doolandella bakehouse, a 15 minute drive from home. Having heard of it's famous doughnuts, I was super keen to try it out.




With a limit of one customer at a time it took a little while for me to get into the store. There were a good selection of doughnuts, which of course immediately grabbed my attention, two varieties of banh mi and also some pies and sausage rolls. I picked up some banh mi and doughnuts to go.


This was the roast pork banh mi. I really liked the crispy crust to the baguette and the soft chewy interior. I suspect it would have been even more crisp if I had eaten it right after leaving the store instead. With only a few slices of bbq pork, there was a lot more salad to balance out the meatiness, I would have liked a bit more pork though.


By contrast, the beef banh mi was almost solely filled with a silky beef gravy mixture that was almost buttery. Although it didn't have the balance of pork and salad, it was soft, comforting and definitely hit the spot.


 

We also got three doughnuts to go, matcha, coffee (of course) and a thai milk tea. Am fairly certain that these doughnuts were baked and not fried, the outside and inside were extremely fluffy to the point of being almost cloud like. The cream in the thai milk tea was fairly strong tasting but the coffee and matcha were a bit lighter. Would definitely go back for round two.


Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: N/A

Doolandella Bakehouse Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment