Monday 7 September 2020

Penny Coffee - Dutton Park


Further on in my exploration of nearby areas, we walked over to Penny Coffee a couple of weekends ago to grab some brunch. It was really busy and we were lucky to have gotten a table. I definitely recommend booking to ensure getting a seat. 
'

With both indoor and outdoor seating, we were seated out the back under the shade. I understand that the menu we were provided was a condensed one, but there were more than enough options for us to pick what we wanted. 


 


Our drinks came fairly quickly. Between the three of us, we had a filter coffee, a dirty chai and an extra strong cappuccino. For someone who has been long deprived of barista made coffee, this was smooth, rich and strong. It definitely hit the spot.


Food took a lot longer than our drinks but they were definitely worth the wait.


My first friend had the shakshouka. Trying some myself, it had a rather undercooked egg with a very raw yolk and moderately cooked whites. The tomato sauce was very strongly flavoured with sharp hints of capsicum as well. If I wasn't able to make it at home, I probably would have ordered this myself. 


Another friend ordered the reuben, This was well toasted and fillings were generous. My companion really enjoyed it.


I had the eggs on toast with a side of mushrooms. The dish was quite small and there were only four halves of mushroom even though the price for the side was quite expensive. The bread was wholesome and I enjoyed it, but it definitely needed more by way of condiments such as butter or relish given the lack of sides. The eggs were done really well though with a perfectly runny centre which was lightly salted and delicious.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

Penny Coffee Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment