Tuesday 23 March 2021

Banh Mi Now - Brisbane CBD


Another week at work means another opportunity to try out another place in the CBD. This week I decided to venture a bit further and checked out Banh Mi Now, which has apparently recently been subject to a change of management. Getting there just before 12, there wasn't much of a line and service was friendly and super speedy.


Prices were fair for the city and there were quite a few delicious selections for their fillings.


Their display cabinet was quite bare, but they had a couple of drink options as well as some rice paper rolls. Being fairly over-caffeinated already I just had one rice paper roll to go.



Both arrived back to the office intact without anything spilling out which was great.


I had the lemongrass chicken banh mi. It was really fragrant and tender. Although they used thigh meat, I was quite appreciative that it wasn't riddled with tendons (which is why I have avoided chicken thighs). I liked the tangy flavours of the spices and the charred flavours complemented the salads well and I really enjoyed the crispy baguette which wasn't too chewy outside.


I also had a pork rice paper roll which came with a small tub of hoisin sauce. Compared to the Banh Mi it was nowhere near as good. Despite being fairly large, it had a considerable amount of salad which was coarsely chopped along with not too much pork. As there wasn't much, it didn't add much flavour to the roll but at least this was helped out by some additional sauce. I'd definitely be back for the banh mi but probably not the rice paper rolls.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10 
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

Banh Mi Now Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment