Tuesday 2 March 2021

Cheeky Poke Bar - Brisbane CBD


Working close to the riverside precinct in the city, I walk past Ulster lane every day (that I go into the office) and can't help but be curious about what will eventually open so close to work. My question was answered a couple months ago when they announced the upcoming opening of Cheeky Poke Bar. For long time readers, you will have seen that I haven't really gotten onto the bandwagon much, and this is not because I don't enjoy the food, but rather more because the main stores are just out of my usual haunts. Having said that, I had a fairly pleasant delivery experience just recently so decided that I'd go down and check it out on opening day.


There is a menu at the front of the laneway where you can order online or at the counter. Strolling in, I decided to just place my order at the counter.

 

There were a few signature bowls preset and a few tacos which I had previously really enjoyed, but I can't really go past anything that is fully customisable, so I made my own bowl.


A bonus to ordering it at the counter is being able to watch as my food got made up.


Within five minutes, I was back at my desk with a wholesome bowl of poke.


Compared to my experience with their Greenslopes store, the bowl was definitely on the lighter side and not as substantial in content. Toppings were consistently fresh and delicious. My only feedback on this would be the fact that the portion of toppings was uneven in the sense that there was a great deal of cucumber but not too much lettuce or glass noodle. Having said that, there was an abundance of salmon which I really liked as well as tobiko. Am grateful that there is now an option close to work and will be getting some more whilst the warm weather lasts.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10 

Cheeky Poke Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment