Thursday 24 March 2022

Bloom Teaspresso - Brisbane CBD


Satisfying a bubble tea craving whilst in the city has really never been easier. I needed to scratch the itch for a sweet beverage after lunch and so walked over to check out Bloom Teaspresso at Elizabeth Arcade. It took over the spot of Amai Kawaii spot but the setup hadn't really changed all that much. The reference to teaspresso relates to the fact that the tea is not brewed and stored in containers but rather made with pressured hot water like an espresso machine.


Drinks were a little different from the usual bubble tea varieties. The focus was far more on fruit teas and lattes, it was a lot less gimmicky than the newer places but without the classics that you would at gongcha.


They also did cake, which I will be coming back to try some time soon.


Drinks wise, I had the oolong tea latte. It was served in a paper cup which meant I wasn't able to get any visual enjoyment out of the drink. I have to say, not only did I not get visual enjoyment, I didnt get much taste out of it too. It was basically a light milky water with a slight hint of smokey oolong. The taste was so faint that I couldn't even tell if my taste buds were overcompensating and I was imagining it or not. I don't think I've had such a bad bubble tea in ages. It was especially a shame because I quite enjoy their Market Square branch. Guess I'll just have to go to another bubble tea shop instead.

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 2/10
Value: 2/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment