Thursday 3 March 2022

Jacorey Dessert - Fortitude Valley


A meal with my foodie friends is never complete without dessert. I really should have kept that in mind before gorging myself on Taiwanese food at the Fish Cafe, but there I was at Jacorey Dessert after a huge lunch, pondering the prospect of dessert. I have previously enjoyed their desserts which have been sold for a while from Hanaro Mart and was quite keen to have them fresh from the store.


Staff were extremely friendly and service was efficient. There was more than the standard assortment of cafe drinks available, with the addition of asian varieties such as matcha latte and sesame latte. Perfect for cold and rainy weather. Prices were on the higher end but I guess that this is to be expected in such a high inflationary environment. 


 

In addition to a very enticing display cabinet, there was also a large selection of breakfast and lunch options available on their menu. I was very interested in their egg sando but will have to come back on another day when I haven't eaten beforehand.


 

Our drinks came out very quickly and they were delicious. My matcha latte was deep and rich with a strong green tea flavour without being too bitter nor too sweet. Dr L's hot chocolate was also rich and decadent with a generous amount of shaved dark chocolate on top. I only wish that the portions could be a big bigger, given we had ordered a large size and this was more akin to medium.


Our food came very quickly after and it was definitely a sight to behold, especially after a large meal. 

 

We had the tiramisu basque cheesecake and sampled some of our friend's souffle cheesecake. Both were absolutely delicious. The basque cheesecake was smooth and decadent without being overly sweet and had a nice strong coffee taste to it and a delicious chocolate truffle on top. The souffle cheesecake was soft and fluffy with a hint of saltiness. I would definitely come back for those two alone. 


Another friend also had several egg tarts. We were way too full to even contemplate trying some but they looked amazing and I would be keen to try some next time.


Still not satisfied with my stomach being considerably smaller than my eyes, I had one of each brownie to go for a late night snack. Flavours from left to right are mugwort, black sesame, matcha, biscoff and chocolate. None of them were overly sweet and were all considerably strong flavoured. My favourite would be the decadent and lightly  bitter dark chocolate, with the fragrant matcha coming second. These were moist, slightly chewy and insanely addictive. I'll definitely be back soon for more goodies.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment