Tuesday 31 January 2023

Yo Chi - Brisbane CBD


So those of you who have followed this blog for some time may have noticed that I'm not much of a frozen yoghurt fan. Often when given the choice, I'll just avoid fake virtue and just indulge in ice cream. So when Yo Chi opened, I too note but left it for a friend gathering or a promotion. The second option did eventuate a few weeks ago with free frozen yoghurt to the price of $10 for the cost of a share on social media. Arriving just after lunch hour, the place was reasonably full, but the crowds seemed to move fast.


Despite the crowd, there was ample seating in the store. Hot tip there is also free flowing sparkling water on tap, so I've definitely got to come back for that alone.


Frozen yoghurts were available by way of self serve, you pick your yoghurt and then add toppings. I think the flavours are on rotation.


I went for half and half, with strawberry and cookies and cream. Didn't get too much so that I could leave room for the toppings.




There were a huge selection of toppings which basically nullified any health benefits that yoghurt purports to have. There was a huge variety though, from fruits to lollies to biscuits and then Asian toppings like popping pearls and mochi. It took a fair bit of self control to not overdo it.


This was my bowl at the end, it came to just over $9 if I had had to pay, making it fairly good value for money given the price of ice cream these days. The yoghurt was fairly melty by the time I got to the checkout, and it was a little sweeter than I had imagined, albeit not as sweet as ice cream. The fruit was fresh and sweet, the popping pearls were as I expected and a surprising highlight for me was the mochi, which was chewy and elastic with a delicious fruity flavour. 

Although I can't say that I'm a fro yo convert yet, this was definitely a nice start and I would be happy to come back later for dessert.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value:  8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment