Tuesday 23 May 2023

Barra Boys - East Brisbane


On the rare occasion I am too busy to cook for a weeknight dinner, we get takeaway. I've actually wanted to go check out Barra Boys for ages, and when some errands ran overtime, I knew it was the perfect opportunity for me to grab some to feed the Dr who loves fish and chips.


Ordering online, I arrived just at the organised pick up time but it took a further 10 minutes or so after that for my order to be ready. In the meantime, I was able to peer longingly at the other fish they had on display while my tummy grumbled away.


The drive home was a quick 10 mins and we ate it immediately for optimal taste.


To share, we had a Tacklebox for two. It comprised of 2 cod, 4 calamari, 2 prawn cutlets, 2 sea scallop, chips, lemon and tartare. We added two pieces of potato scallop for good measure (because we missed out the recent McDonald's promo). Starting with the cod, we had it with a tempura batter, this was surprisingly disappointing as the batter had been steamed quite badly by the time we got home. The fish was also not as big as I would have imagined. It was surprising how steamed it was, given everything else retained its' crispiness. The calamari was a highlight for me, given how tender it was and the prawns were quite plump and juicy too. We really liked the crisp crunchy chips with chicken salt too. Next time we might have to try the crumbed cod rather than tempura, but there's no doubt I'll be back soon.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment