Tuesday 16 May 2023

Love Malatang - Calamvale


We were helping a friend move house a short while ago and opted for a quick dinner before continuing with the packing. We decided to stop at Love Malatang for food because it's my favourite malatang chain in Brisbane and has served consistently good food very quickly. We had to wait briefly for a table because it was so popular, but were seated fairly quickly.



Grabbing a bowl, we set about gathering ingredients, there was a good selection of vegies, meat, noodles and seafood but nothing particularly unique that I hadn't seen before. 


This is the haul I ended up with for Dr L and myself. He didn't want noodles, so he had some enoki instead.

 

The price was fairly standard at $3.80 per 100g, however I believe that their scales are probably more reliable. Our two bowls came to just over $40 and there was a decent amount. When I went to David's hotpot, I paid over $30 alone for far less food, although the price per 100g was the same. Sauces are also available on a DIY basis.


After ordering, we each had a number and waited for our food.


As usual, our sauces comprised of soy, garlic, sesame oil and spring onion, the perfect combination.


Dr L's came with a mild spiciness. All ingredients were largely cooked to perfection, the veggies weren't overdone and retained their crunch, the tofu absorbed a delicious amount of broth and the meat wasn't overcooked. I tried some of his soup and found it to have a good amount of spice without detracting from the enjoyment of the ingredients.


I had mine without any spice, so that I could add it on my own if I wanted it. Again each element was cooked to perfection, I particularly liked the bounce that my potato noodle retained. The tofu puffs were also a highlight for me as were the crunchy veggies. I would only have enjoyed it more if the meat were less fatty, otherwise it was a delicious meal, which is why I love going to love malatang.

Price Range: $3.80/100g, roughly $20 - $30pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 8.5/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment