Tuesday 7 November 2023

Banh Mi Factory - Zillmere


While I don't eat Banh Mis all that often, I do take great enjoyment in finding and savouring a good one. That is why I was quite keen to join Brisvegustation on a quick foodie trip up north to sample some of the banh mi from banh mi factory up north whilst Dr L was away on holidays.



As you would expect by it's name, Banh Mi Factory was indeed run like a well oiled machine and despite the considerable line up, the queue moved quickly and we were served promptly. 


We had some drinks to share, I tried the Vietnamese iced coffee. Although this was fairly darker in colour it still contained considerable amounts of condensed milk which meant it was fairly sweet. It was however also very strong and I enjoyed the caffeine hit.


We ordered two lunch sets to share. This was a fantastic deal for $15, comprising of one banh mi, one skewer and one spring roll. The reason why we were given an extra skewer and spring roll was because there was a mix up in skewers we were given (we ordered one chicken and one pork, but were given two pork).



The banh mis were definitely some of the best that I've had in Brisbane to date. With a crispy toasted bun that was still fluffy on the inside, the fillings were extremely generous in terms of both meat and salad. I found the chicken to be very flavoursome, particularly infused with lemongrass flavours whilst the pork was crisp. Between the two, I liked the pork more.


The sides were also fantastic. Between the chicken and pork skewer, the pork was definitely the more flavoursome one. The spring rolls were also freshly fried and very crisp which was very much to our liking. 

Overall, I'd have to say that Banh Mi Factory has been one of my best experiences with Banh Mi in Brisbane and I'd be very keen to go try out their Newstead one in the near future.


Price: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


 



No comments:

Post a Comment