Tuesday 28 November 2023

Tasty Rice Noodle - Sunnybank Hills


I've noticed lately that there has been an abundance of rice noodle restaurants opening around the Sunnybank area and wanted to try for some time now. Having read quite a few good reviews on Tasty Rice Noodle at Sunnybank Plaza, I was definitely quite interested. It was however whenever I went after work and on weekends, there had always been a queue outside. Luckily, I had a day off mid week last week, so I went with mum for lunch.


The place was about half full which was quite popular for a midweek lunch. Service was very friendly.


The menu comprised almost exclusively of rice noodle dishes along with a few sides. I placed our order at the counter and received a buzzer.


As with most casual Chinese eateries, cutlery, water and sauce was available on a DIY basis.


It didn't take too long for our food to arrive. Mum had the Tender Pork Fillet and Tomato Rice Noodle Soup. She was not too impressed that the pork fillet was exceptionally fatty with a lot more fat than meat. It was also not presented as nicely as the photos, but it was still fairly tasty with its abundance of toppings. There was an option of free refill for noodles, but we didn't take that up.


Not wanting to miss out, I tried the signature wagyu beef slices with thick stock soup. The soup wasn't particularly thick and the beef tasted very similar to the sliced beef I usually have in hot pot. It was very much bulked up with veggies such as sprouts and cucumber and there was also a chicken foot in it as well. All round I would say it was a decent meal but I don't consider it all that special and would be in no huge rush to go back anytime soon. I guess it's back to the drawing board to try out the other rice noodle places instead.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment