Tuesday 9 January 2024

Prova Pizzeria - Stafford Heights


Throw back to one of my more memorable meals of last year, finally hitting up Prova Pizzeria with Mr J whilst Dr L was overseas and scratching that pizza itch I had kept up for a while. Not knowing how busy it would have been, I made a reservation, but this turned out to be unnecessary as it didn't even get to half way at any point during our visit. For an extended duration, there was in fact more staff than customers. As with more modern places these days, ordering was done via the QR code on the table.


To share, we had a dish of Polpette to start. Essentially they were pork and beef meatballs served with a light tomato sauce, some bread and salad. For the price, the portions were decent and they were decidedly appetizing with the tart tomato flavours whetting our appetites for the main course. 


As mentioned, I had a major craving for pizza, so I didnt opt for their lasagne, tempted though I was. This was Mr J's pick, the Zucca, topped with pumpkin cream, mozzarella, pancetta, parmesan and basil. My last pumpkin pizza was also with Mr J and I remember that it was quite runny and sweet. I was relieved in this instance that the sauce was definitely thicker and a bit more savoury. Coupled with the salty pancetta and parmesan, this was quite enjoyable for something outside of my usual picks. The base was also quite delicious, neither too dense nor too light with an adequate amount of charring.


My pick for the night was the Funghi, comprising of mozzarella, mushrooms, truffle paste, gorgonzola and truffle oil with added italian sausage for protein content. Having had my fair share of funghi pizzas, this is definitely one of the better ones, but not as good as Julius. There was a generous amount of mushrooms and the truffle flavours were intense. I think it was a good choice to add on the sausages to make the dish more substantive. Again the base was also very delicious. We had a really enjoyable time at Prova and given the opportunity, I would go back if we were on a daytrip up north.

Price Range: $25 - $35pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment