Tuesday 27 February 2024

Fratelli Restaurant - Paddington


Valentines day 2024. I wanted to do something about it but didn't want to be boxed into committing to an overpriced set menu. It took a while before we decided to try our luck (for the third time) at getting a reservation at Fratelli Restaurant which has been on my list for some time now. I guess third time is the charm because we ended up getting a table 


Sitting down, I noted their attention to detail in having a floral candle as well as rose petals on the table, a nice touch that I really appreciated.

 

Service was a little slow during the evening, given that it was super busy, however staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout. We were provided menus promptly. It focussed on pizza, which we were there for, with a small selection of pasta as well.


Our entree was the Burrata tartufo which was interestingly served alone without bread or crackers. Our serve of Rucola (a side salad) also came with the entree. The Burrata was delicious, chilled and creamy with complimentary tastes of truffle and honey. The rocket salad was fairly interesting as it had a lot less of a bitter aftertaste than other ones I've previously had, the leaves were a lot more soft and tender also.


Our pizzas came shortly after our entrees, fresh out of the pizza oven.


Our white based pizza was the Tartufata, topped with fior di latte, porcini, truffle salsa, mushrooms and oregano. The truffle taste wasn't as strong as other funghi pizzas I've had previously, but I do really like the delicious earthy meaty taste of porcini. The base was probably the best I've had in Brisbane, light and fluffy without being overly soggy. I would come back for this reason alone, however I do think that there could have been more toppings on the pizza itself though.


Our red based pizza, the Fratelli, came topped with tomatoes, fior di latte, porcini mushrooms, pork sausage, gorgonzola, onion, and basil. Again there could have been a bit more by way of toppings but it was more generous than the tartufata. I loved the flavours of the pork sausage complimented with the tangy sugo and again the base was outstanding.

Although this is a little bit more pricey than other places, notably my favourite, Julius, I consider their pizza base to be superior and would come back for that alone, especially because parking is easier. Can't wait to try their other pizzas.

 

Price Range: $40 - $50pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment