Tuesday 5 March 2024

Amoroso - Paddington

 

Valentine day is hardly ever complete without a sweet dessert to round off the meal. To this end we decided to walk over to Amoroso, my current favourite when it comes to gelato for a treat to finish the evening. It was a fairly long walk and we arrived to find the small shopfront packed.


The menu was identical to Sunnybank Hills as far as I could tell, offering gelato, sundaes and drinks. 


The flavours on offer were decidedly less Asian centric though with only Matcha on offer and I was the first one to order from the new tray.


In the interests of science (also I was very full), I ordered a kid's sized double scoop whilst Dr L had the standard size double scoop. On the face of it, I didn't really notice too much difference in size so it might be worth opting for kids scoops from now on.


I had the Matcha and Cappuccino whilst he had Lotus and Chocolate. Although the store was situated outside of Sunnybank, I was still pleased to see that the ice cream wasn't overly sweet. The matcha flavour was just as strong and I really enjoyed the chocolate hints in the cappuccino gelato. Dr L also found his dutch chocolate to be very rich and decadent whilst the biscoff was deliciously cinnamony. I can't wait for them to open closer to home and no doubt we will be regulars once that happens. 


Price Range: Less than $10pp

Taste: 8.5/10 
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10 




No comments:

Post a Comment