Monday 22 December 2014

Miel Burger - Brisbane CBD


A week or so ago, my burger connoisseur friend left the country, just as I was about to suggest going on another burger hunt with him. In memory of him, a friend and I visited Miel Burger Container, which our dearly departed friend had highly recommended.




What I particularly enjoy about Miel Burger, is that they are very open to customising your own burger. Whilst some chains have no alterations policy, and some other ones charge quite a bit extra for alterations, Miel has half of their menu dedicated to designing your own burger.


One thing about the place though, due to the popularity, it is usually very hard to get a seat. It took us a while, but we finally squeezed into a tiny little table.



Without realising it, my companion and myself got the same burger, but on different buns, she had it on the sesame Ciabatta bun, whilst I got mine on the Brioche bun.


One of the major things which I find so appealing about Miel is the addition of a small portion of fries on the side when you order a burger. Whilst in other chains, I might not be able to finish a whole burger and a portion of chips, Miel offers a small amount of freshly fried chips to accompany the burger for free. As far as I am aware, this is the only burger place in Brisbane to do this, so it is very commendable indeed.


This was my burger, which came with the Brioche Bun. It was really nice and toasty on the outside, whilst being fresh and soft on the inside.


I ordered mine with the beef patty, tomato, lettuce, onion, cheddar and aoili. As you can see, the patty is just the right size for the bun, which was pleasantly puffy. The salad was fresh and the portion was ample.


On the inside, the cheese was melty and the patty was very juicy. I really really enjoyed it.


Our third companion, who was not very hungry that day, ordered the Miel Chips and shared them with us. We really liked how the chips also had the freshness of  the onions and tomatos on them, though we didnt like the sweet chilli sauce. The bacon bits were also a really nice addition.

We decided that next time we go, we will definitely have to try the chilli fries out, as well as the bulgogi beef burger.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10





Miel Container on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment