Wednesday 7 June 2017

The Common Room - Brisbane CBD


Nearly every day Sometimes, I oversleep, as I spend copious amounts of time playing computer games writing my blog and doing other serious business. Often what gets sacrificed is my morning coffee and toast, as I walk out the door and run for the bus. With the bus stop being a mere 150 metres away from work, I end up sleepwalking into work on an empty stomach. Fortunately for me though, a colleague recently recommended that I try out The Common Room, situated conveniently between the bus stop and work, which provided me with an ideal opportunity to grab some sustenance before the long day ahead. 


Apparently I've walked past it numerous times without noticing as it stays hidden away in the lobby of 40 Creek street, next to Sushi Kim. I headed inside and the pastry cabinet immediately drew my attention with its selection of sandwiches and other breakfast goodies.


I settled on the coffee and bacon roll deal for $9.95. The blend was Toby's Estate, and it was strong enough to give me a much needed kick start, though a richer milk would have been appreciated.


The bacon roll was a lot heavier than I would have expected, and proved to be very dense and filling. The bacon was thick and nicely fried, but lacked any crispiness. The egg was fried, but unfortunately the yolk was completely cooked through. The roll in its entirety though was very filling and it lasted all morning, to the point where I found it difficult to fit much lunch in afterwards though.


At the insistence of my neighbour, the day after, I decided to try the Chorizo roll. The bun was equally as dense and filling, but the chorizo made for a spicy start to the day, and the fried egg had a yummy runny yolk in the middle, which made ti far more delicious.

Price range: $5 - $10pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

The Common Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment