Saturday 2 September 2017

Billykart - Annerley



With the winter drawing to an end, mornings are becoming a little less dark, making it easier for me to get up and go out for breakfast. Working down my brunch list, a long time addition that I finally got to the highly regarded Billykart in Annerley. Arriving at around 10am, I was pleasantly surprised to find parking outside. 



Whilst it was definitely busy, the cafe was huge, and we easily got a table. It was situated near the kitchen, so like usual, I was able to admire the food as it came out.




The menu was quite comprehensive, with a large range of breakfasts and drinks. Having said that, we still stuck to our conservative preferences, but having the option for something exotic is always welcome.


I started off with a cappuccino, and both of my companions opted for lattes. I found the campos blend to be quite full bodied as expected, with a subtle caramel aftertaste that I found quite pleasing. Opting for lattes, my companions drinks were a bit weaker than mine, but the frothy milk made for quite a creamy drink.


My first companion opted for a BKK huevos rancheros. Consisting of baked eggs, chorizo, chipotle braised yellow squash, red peppers and plantain, it was a sharp, tangy and tasty way for my companion to start her day. In particular she liked the thick saucy concoction which allowed her to put more onto each bite of plantain. She also really liked the spicy choizo which was quite filling.


My second companion opted for a ham and cheese croissant, which came out perfectly toasted to a point of crispiness without being overdone, still maintaining its flakey soft interior. It came with a side of dressed rocket, which was also a nice addition.


I opted for the special of the day, being Truffled Scrambled Eggs on Sourdough. I was surprised that there was only one slice of toast, but also pleased to see such a large amount of shaved tuffle on my eggs. The scrambled eggs were somewhat wet and a bit undercooked, soaking into my toast and leaving a small pool of egg/milk at the bottom of my plate, but at least the truffle was quite fragrant.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Billy Kart Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment