Tuesday 5 September 2017

Mos Burger - Brisbane CBD



Another week, another cheat day. Unfortunately for Iron Fist though, he was prematurely struck down by a bout of flu, and I had to endure cheat day alone (despite the fact that I do not go to the gym). Initially, we had planned to get some burgers delivered, either Fritzenberger or our fav Charboys couriered up to out office. Unfortunately this plan was dashed by Tomcat who had spent the morning messaging about sushi, resulting in an itch that HAD to be scratched. So what did I do? I had both.


How does one reconcile sushi and burgers you ask? Well Mos Burger have answered this by making a new range of Sushi Burgers, which were conveniently available on Foodora. 
Like previously mentioned, I do appreciate Foodora allowing me to preorder several hours in advance (something that Ubereats have still yet to implement). Putting an order through at 9.30AM, I was able to focus on other things before food arrived.


My food ended up arriving a little early, which was great, because by then I was famished. 




I had the Salmon Sushi Burger, and it came with slight resemblance to the picture. As expected, the nori had soaked some moisture from the rice, and was no longer crisp. The rice patty was really dense and firmly packed, which was not the usual fluffy rice that I'm used to. Given that the rice was so heavy, the fillings were definitely not enough to give taste to the whole burger. The cheese was disappointingly cold and plastic-y whilst the piece of salmon was quite small and the sauce was mainly spread on one half side of the burger. It definitely satisfied my curiosity, but next time I'll be sticking firmly to Sushi OR Burgers, not sushi burger.


Needing to satisfy the urge for oily greasy food, I ordered not one but two sides, wedges and chicken nuggets. Both were served reasonably hot (given the delivery time). The chicken nuggets were similar to Mcdonalds, and I couldn't really taste much chicken texture, but the wedges were deliciously soft and fluffy. 


Price Range: $15  - $25pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: N/A

MOS Burger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment