Wednesday 21 November 2018

ChanGe Cafe - Brisbane CBD


Keeping up to date with the Brisbane food scene, one could hardly miss ChanGe Café, the new café situated in the upper food court of Myer Centre, in the lodgings which used to hold Sweet Treats. Since then, ChanGe café has made a name for themselves in being the first café in Brisbane to offer photo printing on coffee. Having seen quite a few photos of it on social media, it has been on my radar for quite a while, but before I had the chance, I received an invitation from the owner Angela to try out their High Tea catering options. Obviously, I jumped at the opportunity and had some morning tea delivered to my work last Friday (much to the joy of my colleagues). At 10AM, the morning tea was delivered, in two pristine white towers of tasty goodness. 


 

Unboxing them was an absolute joy and there were quite a few glances of admiration from my colleagues. Each tower consisted of three layers, the bottom comprising of savoury mini burgers, the middle filled with sweet cupcakes and slices, with the top being macarons, offering a good balance for both lovers of sweet and savoury. 

 

I tried the chocolate mudcake, the salmon mini burger and the ham mini burger. The mudcake was moist and delicious, but erred toward the sweeter side of the spectrum than I would have liked, but it was well received by my colleagues. Preferring savoury myself, the mini burgers were very enjoyable. The buns were fluffy and fresh, although I would have preferred regularly coloured ones. Both the combination of salmon and cream cheese as well as ham, cheese and lettuce were classics, and I found them to be very tasty morsels. If they could include drinks as part of their catering package as well, this would have been a very well rounded morning tea.

Espresso and Matcha were invited to try the catering of Change Café, however my opinions, as always, are solely my own. 

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: NA



  ChanGe Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment