Friday 30 November 2018

Moge Tee - Runcorn


With the endless opening of bubble tea places in Brisbane, I wouldn't go out of my way to try anything new unless it was convenient and well timed. That is, until I had heard about Moge Tee, which had been making considerable waves in the market, being touted as "the best bubble tea" in Brisbane by a considerable number of sources. So despite the fact that it was a school night, and despite the fact that I was severely jetlagged from a recent work trip, we went for a quick drive to Runcorn Plaza for some after dinner drinks.



The menu was short but had quite a few options that I was quite interested in. I found it a little intriguing though that they would have quite a few milk tea variations but no straight milk tea. Cakes were also sold out by the time we got there, so we'll have to try again later. 


The shopfront was very small and seating was limited. Most people who went got takeaway. 


Our number was called fairly soon after and our drinks were quite pretty.

 

Adam had the Oreo Milk Tea and I had the Creme Brulee Milk Tea. He was a little disappointed that there were only oreo bits sprinkled on top of the cream rather than mixed through. At full sweetness though, I had a sip and found it surprising not too sweet. Being interested in what cake foam was, I was told that this was their take on brulee, so I had the creme brulee milk tea. True to their word, their brulee definitely wasn't like pudding at all, and was a quasi savoury airy and light cake batter. I found it interesting and quite liked the saltiness to it which brought out the sweetness in my less sweet tea. Speaking of tea, it was fresh, creamy and fragrant. Although not particularly ground breaking, I would have to agree that this is one of the better bubble tea places in Brisbane.

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10


Moge Tee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment