Wednesday 20 November 2019

Milky Lane - Newstead


A bit late to the party, but a couple of weeks ago I finally managed to make my way to Milky Lane which had opened at Newstead earlier in the year. Having avoided the crazy launch crowds, I went there for a quick Saturday lunch with a good friend before an afternoon of board games. 

 

The menu consisted of a large variety of burgers and sides, but the drinks menu was definitely a highlight with a good selection of cocktails and milkshakes that we were keen to try.


 

Despite being a burger joint, they had table service, which I really appreciated. Our drinks came soon after ordering, my companion ordered the  Strawberry Thickshake in small size, which was a good choice given how decadent and sweet it was. Wanting to try something new, I had the The Red Bull Cocktail consisting of 42 below vodka, vanilla, lemon and red bull foam, I found this to be fairly sweet and not as caffeinated or strong as I would have expected.


Our burgers came fairly quickly given the lunch crowd had started to arrive.


My companion ordered the Lil Weezy. It contained a Wagyu Beef Pattie, Double American Cheese, Diced Onions, Pickles, Homestyle Mayo, American Mustard, ML Ketchup and ML Cheese Gravy served on a Milk Bun which he said was quite enjoyable.


Always one to go for the signature, I had the Milky Lane. It contained a Wagyu Beef Pattie, Double American Cheese, Butter Lettuce, Pickles, Diced Onions, Sliced Tomato, ML Sauce and ML Ketchup between a Milk Bun. Compared to the other milk buns I've had around town, these were less fluffy and soft, but I do like the smooth shiny aesthetic. The patty was sufficiently thick, but the texture could have been meatier and more seasoned. I did however enjoy the melty cheese, but not so much the spicy ML Sauce.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Milky Lane Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment