Tuesday 10 December 2019

Beppin Ramen and Cake - Brisbane CBD


Walking though FudoDori, I noted that there was yet another new opening, this time outside along Charlotte Street. With a winning combination of Ramen and Cake, there was little doubt that my interest would have been piqued. Heading over after work last friday night we decided to try it out.




There was a small selection of cakes in the display cabinet which we were keen to try next time. There was a fairly large selection of ramen which you could order at the counter, including tonkotsu broth ramen as well as chicken ramen and some sides. 



Sauces and pickles were available on a self serve basis.



Food came fairly quickly afterwards.


Starting with a serve of kaarage chicken, this was fried with a light and crisp batter, but it was still fairly oily for my tastes. For the price point, three pieces of chicken wasn't exactly good value.


My companion ordered the chicken ramen, trying some myself the broth was light and wholesome but a bit on the oily side. The noodles were a little firm for my liking and there could have been a couple more slices of chicken. 



Although the wagyu beef ramen definitely called out to me, I stuck with the classic black garlic tonkotsu ramen. Although the black garlic oil was definitely apparent, the taste was barely noticable. The soup itself was thick and rich in texture but also very light on taste. The noodles had a fairly good texture, but wasn't particularly outstanding to me. Definitely have had better ramen in the CBD for a similar price point.


Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


Beppin Ramen & Cake Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment