Saturday 28 December 2019

Sweets and Loaves Japanese Bakery - Sunnybank


Had heard a fair bit about the Japanese Bakery in the more obscure side of Sunnybank along Troughton road. I thought I would get to it earlier due to the proximity to my house, but the detour turned out to take longer than I thought it would, but I finally made it there.


The bakery was a lot smaller than I had anticipated, and rather than the self serve types of bakery like bread top, this was fully counter service. The selection was also more limited than I had anticipated, but I picked a few to go.



This was the Choco Custard Bun. The bun was fairly dense and heavy, the outside was smooth and overall it was a fairly decadent bun. It was filled with a small amount of dark chocolate and not a great deal of custard. 


We also had the Melon pan. This looked a lot like your traditional Hong Kong style polo bun, but again it was far more dense, and the top was caked with a crunchy sugar crust which I found a little on the sweeter side. 


Of course it would have been hard to resist the signature Turtle Melon Pan. With its matcha bun and chocolate filling, shaped adorably like a turtle, I found it almost too cute to eat. The taste however wasn't that spectacular, I found the bun to be definitely on the firmer side of the spectrum and again the sugar coating was excessively sweet. 


Price Range: Under $5 per bun

Taste: 5/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 5/10

Sweets & Loaves Japanese Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment