Wednesday 15 July 2020

Izakaya Kotobuki - Brisbane CBD



On the occasional day that I do go to work, I made a point to get lunch out and support some local businesses. Having heard that Izakaya Kotobuki relocated for the imminent construction of the cross river rail, I was surprised to see that they had taken the premises previously held by Noritor, which I had wanted to try but am now obviously not able to.


I was able to order at the counter and the options were vast, comprising rice dishes, noodle dishes, sushi and sides. Prices were always very reasonable. Getting a number, I awaited my food.



Being one of the first to arrive meant that my food came very promptly.


My main dish was obviously the Chirashi don. Portions were generous and there was a good selection of salmon, tuna, scallops, prawns, egg and avocado. The cuts of fish were fresh and went well with soy sauce, although the tuna was a little dry for my tastes, the salmon was very soft and tender. What really stood out for me for the chirashi don though was the fact that the rice was served warm, offering a bit of comfort on a cold winter's day. Definitely highly recommend this dish.


Not one to miss any opportunities to try out their sushi, I had a Salmon and Avo hand roll on the side. Again the rice was pleasantly warmed and the nori was crisp. I did find the topping to rice ratio a little bit deficient, nevertheless satisfying.

Price Range: $15 - $25

Taste: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Izakaya Kotobuki Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment