Friday 24 July 2020

Pancake Manor - Upper Mt Gravatt


For those who have been in Brisbane for a significant time, most would have heard of the long established Pancake Manor, which is quite an institution in the CBD area with its 24 hour service. Running some errands at Garden City the other day, it was too late for me to get home and make dinner, so I decided to try out their Mt Gravatt outpost for once. 


Not having made a reservation earlier, I was seated outside. The menu and ordering system was done via ipad. The selection included mains such as burgers and steaks, sides and of course the namesake pancake. Despite the fact that there weren't too many customers, food still took quite a while after ordering before I received it.


Not wanting to have a purely sweet dinner, I chose a lighter option and went for a main size Caesar Salad to start off with. It was very generous even for a main size portion. I could barely finish it as is. In terms of its composition, there was a bit of lettuce, a very large amount of bacon, chicken as well as Parmesan. There were also two very large pieces of bread on the side. As big as it was, the taste was fairly average, the salad itself wasn't too crisp or fresh and the proportion of lettuce to meat was definitely far skewed to the meat. 


Not one to go to Pancake Manor and not order pancakes, I had a serve of Devonshire pancakes as dessert. They were cute and fluffy but erred on the dryer side. Not too elastic or squishy, they broke as I tried to pick it up with a fork. Sadly the ones I make at home are superior to this.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 4/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 6/10
Pancake Manor Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment