Wednesday 3 February 2021

King Arthur Cafe - Fortitude Valley


Had some errands that I was running last weekend and we met up with some friends for brunch on Saturday. Was in the neighbourhood so we decided to try out King Arthur Cafe. 


It was very busy, being peak brunch hour, but we managed to score the last indoor seat. Water was provided quickly and service was fast.


Their menu was quite innovative and there were quite a few things that I was keen to try, but I started with a more conservative option for my first time.


Having already had two coffees earlier in the day, I decided not to overload and opted for a pineapple juice which was not too sour and unbelievably refreshing.


My friend had the ice coffee with half a shot. It was sweet and mellow but fairly small, served with a scoop of ice cream.


She went for the Chorizo Hash which came with poached eggs, roasted potatoes and chorizo. The potatoes were done well as were the eggs but she found there to have only been five small pieces of chorizo in the dish, which was not much for the price of the dish.


Not having had brunch out for a very long time, I opted for eggs on toast with a side of avocado to keep it light during summer. It came with one and a half pieces of sourdough, which was a little odd for me. Eggs were quite delicious and had a runny centre. It would have been nicer if it came with some sort of relish, but luckily I had half an avocado which was quite ripe and soft. Next time I will definitely  have to try something more unique off their menu.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10
 

King Arthur Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment