Sunday 31 January 2021

Kim Thanh - West End


Since work decided to make us go back to the office two days a week, I have made a point to try to get lunch out at least once a week to support local business. This week I wanted something a bit healthier than fast food so I decided to try out the Banh Mi at Kim Thanh, a Vietnamese institution at West End. Service is always fast and the delivery always gets here before the estimated time, today was no different.


Given the meal was fairly cheap, I treated myself to an extra iced coffee. This was still chilled when I got it and kept separate from the warm bread rolls. It was strong and bitter without being overly sweet. I really enjoyed it. 


I didn't have much of an indication for what size the banh mi would be, and the ones in the city are rather small, so I got two to be sure. Turns out they're huge, at around 9 inches each, it proved to be a huge struggle for me to finish both.


First one I had was the meatball. It was completely loaded with mashed meatball with a light lemongrass flavour. It also came with carrot and cucumber which was at the bottom of the roll. The bread was served warm and the outside was crisp whilst the inside was very fluffy. The filling to bread ratio was very generous. 


The other one I chose was the signature crispy pork belly with pate. Again the bread was wonderful. The amount of pork they gave was also very generous and despite the trip, it was still very crisp and flavoursome. Salad was ample and given my experience, I have no hesitation in recommending Kimn Thanh. Would definitely go again.
 
Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: N/A

Kim Thanh Hot Bread Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment